Thursday, October 28, 2010

Peanut Viewing!

So Kevin and I had our first appointment with Dr. Vincent Chan yesterday, Wednesday the 27th. We were called back and he quickly ushered us into his office - he wanted to spend the proper amount of time with us but had a delivery in about 20 minutes. Luckily, Sutter Memorial is across the street from his office.

"So do you really believe you're pregnant or do you need to see it?" - Dr. Chan

"Well I haven't had a period since August 22nd and I've taken 3 at-home tests that all came back positive - but yes, I think it will become real when I see it?!?" - Roxana

"OK! Let's do the ultrasound RIGHT NOW!!" - Dr. Chan

We moved to the next room and it was all new territory for Kevin - the stirrups, tools, lubricant - I'm sure it was a bit much!

Within seconds, our little peanut appeared on the monitor!


Now it was real! He jostled my belly around a bit to get Baby Fitz to move and then we saw the heartbeat - strong and steady! WOW!

We went back to his office where we waited for about 15 minutes while he delivered a baby across the street (fast!) then  talked quite a bit more about what to expect, future visits, diet, exercise, etc.

Kevin and I are VERY happy and excited and will continue to keep you posted on our journey to May 30th!

No comments:

Post a Comment